- Countries, flags, capital cities, mountains, lakes
- The Royal Family (Charles’s line of succession)
- H.M. The Queen
- Festivals and special days
Group the words.
- Ben Nevis
- Cambrian Mountains
- Cotswold Hills
- Grampian Mountains
- Isle of Man
- Lake District
- Lake Windermere
- Loch Lomond
- Lough Neagh
- River Severn
- River Tay
- The Pennines
- Yorkshire Dales
1 Match the dates and the events.
- a) November 5; b) March 17; c) April 21; d) a Saturday in June
e) 3 days is June f) December 31; g) December 26; h) October 31
1) Hallowe’en 2) Boxing Day 3) Hogmanay 4) St Patrick’s Day
5) The Queen’s private birthday 6) Glastonbury Music Festival
7) The Queen’s official birthday 8) Bonfire Night
PAIRS: ___ – ___; ___ – ___; ___ – ___; ___ – ___; ___ – ___; ___ – ___;
___ – ___; ___ – ___
2/a Write the key words in the descriptions.
bonfires, chase, clothes, contestants, fireworks, guys, hats, hill, wear
- Kids make __________ and dress them in ragged _____________. They build __________ and burn the guys. People have parties and watch ___________.
- The _______________ run 300 meters down a __________ and _____________ a rolling cheese.
- On Ladies’ Day women ___________ very expensive, extraordinary designer __________.
2/b What are the special days or events?
Complete the words.
Queen Eli_ _ _ _ _ _’_ husband is Prince Ph_ _ _ _. They have got four children, their names ae Ch _ _ _ _ _, A _ _ _, An _ _ _ _ and Ed_ _ _ _.
Chares is The P_ _ _ _ _ of W_ _ _ _. Her w _ _ _ is Camilla, they haven’t got any children. Charles’s first w _ _ _ was Lady D _ _ _ _ Spencer. Charles and Diana’s sons are P _ _ _ _ _ W _ _ _ _ _ _ and P _ _ _ _ _ H _ _ _ _. William is married, he and his w _ _ _ K _ _ _ have a son and a daughter.
The Queen’s h _ _ _ in London is B_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ P _ _ _ _ _. She lo _ _ _ animals. She’s got dogs at home, they are co_ _ _ _ and do_ _ _ _. She has several other animals in L _ _ _ _ _ Z _ _. In her free time, the Queen t _ _ _ _ photographs and wa _ _ _ _ _ British soap operas.
Answer the questions.
Where is Balmoral Castle?
What is Oxford?
Write 5 things:
You can find inside Buckingham Palace.
You can do at Christmas.
You can do on Guy Fawkes Day and Bonfire Night.